Monkey World is open!
Please read all information below prior to completing your booking.
MASKS ARE STILL COMPULSORY AT ALL TIMES ON PARK, BY ALL AGED 3+.
Tickets booked online are non-refundable, and dates can only be amended upon payment of a £5 admin charge 72 hours prior to your visit. If Monkey World cannot open on your booked date due to coronavirus restrictions, we will amend your booking date FOC or issue a voucher.
*** To add on the Spooky Story Time event to your ticket, first select your entrance time slot, and the total number of tickets to the park. Then click “Add Another Item” and select the 14:31 time slot. This time slot will ONLY have the Spooky Story Time tickets. Please add how many children will be attending the story time. Continue to pay as usual. You will receive a confirmation booking email***
Need to Know Before Booking
- Limited Numbers. The park is limiting visitor numbers to ensure safety and no-one will be admitted at the gate without pre-booking. All individuals must be booked in, including adoptive parents, essential carers and under 3 year olds.
- Non-Refundable. Tickets booked online are non-refundable so please only book if you are definitely able to visit. Booking dates can be amended by our admin office up to 72 hours prior to your visit but will incur a £5 administrative fee. If Monkey World is forced to close because of coronavirus restrictions, we will amend the date of your visit free of charge or issue you a voucher for a future visit (postage costs will be incurred).
- Face Coverings. It is mandatory for all visitors aged 3 years old and over to wear a face mask / covering/ visor when visiting Monkey World, at all times apart from when seated in designated catering seating / picnic areas. Please see our Face Covering Policy for more information and what to do if you’re medically exempt. Our rescued primates can also get infected by Covid-19 and suffer the same effects as people. Our Primate Care Staff and rescued monkeys and apes are VULNERABLE. With the virus still circulating at high levels, we need to limit the risk to our staff who are needed to care for our primates and park. Many have not been double vaccinated yet and we will not risk their safety, and the safety of the primates in our care.
- Choose the date you’d like to visit. Dates with tickets available are highlighted in green. If they are grey, they may be sold out, or we have not opened booking for that date yet. Tickets are non-refundable so please bear this in mind on booking.
- Choose your entry time. To ensure social distancing at the entrance gates, we’re asking visitors to ensure their arrival is during the slot booked. Morning slots are between 10:00am and 12:00, and afternoon entry is between 12:30pm and 2:30pm. There is not a prescribed time to leave; you can stay all day regardless of entry time.
Please Note: The entrance gates will be closed inbetween entry slots and from 2:30pm onwards.
- Book in all individuals visiting, including under 3’s who will still be admitted free of charge, as will essential carers when accompanied by a full paying adult / child with proof of disability.
- Members of our adoptive parent scheme will also need to book their visit online, but of course will not be charged. Adoptive parents will need their membership card or confirmation email (if you adopted online) to hand during booking, as to validate the booking you will need to enter your adoption membership number exactly as it appears on the card/ email, with the prefix of “TMP_”, “TMP” or “AC”.
- If you have a pre-paid gift voucher, please call our office on 01929 462537 (Mon-Fri 9am-4pm) to book your visit.
- On booking, you will receive a confirmation email with a reference number. Please keep this safe as you will need to quote this on entry to the park. We recommend printing / saving this email as mobile data signal is poor at the park. Adoptive parents will also need to bring their membership card and ID to verify your booking at the gate. If you prefer, you can call our office to book a slot, but please be aware, lines may be busy so you may encounter a delay.
- Please ensure all individuals aged 3 years old and over have a face mask/ covering/ visor ready for their visit. If you are exempt from wearing a mask on medical grounds, please contact the office prior to your visit.
- Your confirmation email will include a map of the park. Please save / print this for use as maps are not being given out at this time.
- Please bring a payment debit / credit card for contactless payments at the park. We are not accepting cash at this time. Please note: we do not accept American Express.
- If you are feeling unwell please do not visit the park. Please see government guidelines on coronavirus here.
- Limited catering facilities are available, so we cannot guarantee that we can cater for all dietary requirements so we highly recommended bringing a picnic if you have allergies / special requirements.
- Although we will have emergency first aiders on-site with appropriate PPE, we recommend bringing a small first aid kit to deal with any minor injuries such as grazes, cuts or wasp stings so we can limit contact between staff and visitors as much as possible.
- On arrival at the park please park as normal, and follow the instructions of any parking attendants on duty. Please wait until your neighbour has moved away before exiting your car.
- Please observe social distancing in the queue for the entrance gate. By pre-booking we hope to reduce any queues and move people quickly into the park.
- The NHS QR check-in code will be displayed at the entrance gate. We recommend you use this to assist with NHS Test & Trace but it is not a legal necessity. These details will be securely stored for 21 days then destroyed. The details will not be used for any other purpose than requested by the government for Test & Trace. Please see full GDPR statement for our data use policy.
- In the park, please enjoy your day, but help us to stay safe by observing social distancing, wearing a mask, and sanitising your hands regularly.
- Please do not crowd at enclosure viewing windows, and avoid touching the glass. Our primate care staff are in close contact with our primates so it is vital we keep them healthy and well. To this end, please maintain at least 2m distance from all members of staff.
- Please pay by card for any purchases on site.
- We will still have emergency first aid available and our first aiders are equipped with appropriate PPE, but please avoid asking for assistance for very minor injuries such as wasp stings and grazes. We recommend bringing a small first aid kit with you to enable you to treat minor injuries yourself.
- Masks/ coverings / visors must be worn at all times, apart from when seated in designated catering seating and picnic areas.
- Staff will also be wearing masks around the park at all times.
- We will be carrying out additional cleaning of high traffic areas but ask you to help us by using the sanitiser stations located around the park, and reducing the amount you are touching surfaces such as the glass viewing windows.
- Extra sanitiser stations are around the viewing windows and outside our three toilet blocks, which are all open as usual.
To keep visitors, staff and primates safe, some facilities and services will not be open as usual:
- All primate enclosures can be viewed as normal, with the exception of the walkthrough Malagasy Ring-Tailed Lemur enclosure, and the outside viewing balcony of Hananya’s chimpanzee group. Hananya’s group can still be seen outside through mesh, and in their large indoor playrooms. All other ape enclosures are open as usual.
- All play areas will be open. Due to the expansive size and outdoor setting, we cannot clean the play area, so it is imperative that children use the hand sanitiser provided regularly, maintain social distancing, and wear a face-covering during use. For full risk assessment, please click here. Our wheelchair swings are unavailable at this time, as we cannot safely operate them with social distancing guidelines.
- Mobility scooters and wheelchairs are unavailable to hire at this time. There are companies in nearby towns who can help with day hire.
- Catering Outlets: Treetops Kiosk on the patio opposite Hananya’s chimpanzee house, and the Malagasy Kiosk by the orangutan nursery will be serving a small selection of food and drink, with seating allowing for social distancing. The picnic areas are still open. Any food and drink purchased on site must be consumed whilst seated. Masks can be removed only when seated in a catering/picnic area.
- The adoption centre will be open, and can also be accessed online.
- The gift shop will be open, but operating via a one-way system and on limited capacity. We recommend visiting in the morning to avoid the busy afternoon period from 2pm onwards. Purchases can also be made online here
- Keepers will be holding in-formal Q&A sessions during the times of their usual keeper talk times, and a scatter feed will be performed during this time. Full pre-recorded keeper talks can be accessed via your smart phone using QR codes displayed around the enclosures, or downloaded here prior to your visit.
This has been an extremely difficult time for all, and certainly the biggest challenge Monkey World has faced in its 33 year history. We are very grateful to those who have continued to support us by renewing their adoption during closure, as your adoption funds have enabled us to continue and survive. We would be grateful to all adoptive parents who choose to donate their lost time to us and renew their adoption on the usual expiry date.
You can support us further through donations to the Ape Rescue Trust, or through donating food and bedding. You can read more about this here.
|2 Adults, 2 Children||£45.00|
|1 Adult, 2 Children||£32.00|
|Adult (aged 16 years +)||£16.00|
|Student (NUS Student Card required)||£13.00|
|Child (3-15 years old)||£11.00|
|Child (Under 3 years old)||FREE|
|Senior Citizen (aged 65 years +)||£11.00|
|Disabled Visitor without Carer||£11.00|
*(proof of entitlement required: Blue Badge, DLA or PIP document)
*Visitors who require the support of an essential carer are offered free admission for one accompanying carer when they pay the full adult/child price.